Monday, July 8, 2013

Born Free 5 - PT1 - The Drive Out






























Since I decided to take my new Sportster Ry and I just finished out west with me, it basically locked me into driving.  Of course I really wanted to ride out but I couldn't figure out a way to get both bikes out there at the same time while riding - hence the truck. The cool thing about driving is you can go straight through which is what I did thanks to a couple bottles of 5-hour energy and the stoke of wanting to GET THERE!  I always leave late at night which gets me out of most of the mid-west traffic - by sun up I'm usually deep into the corn fields of Indiana or even further west. The good scenery doesn't even start showing up until day 2 anyway.  My route was basically Route 66. If you've  have been watching the ZON for any length of time you probably know it's my preferred route and some of the pics might be identical to past pics from other trips - sorry.  I did stumble onto a lot of new stuff as well which was cool.  So two days and 2300 miles later I'm in Vencie beach - all fresh and ready to go.  Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Hermit said...

Great pics. Looking forward to more.

WhitelinePsycho said...

You've yet again captured a sense of sadness and longing in these great shots, emotive and magnetic.

grant said...

Now that's want I was looking for...great pics, and great inspiration...I intend to ride that route one day...and definitely have to stay at the El Rancho...thanks again...

ROBOT BOYS OF HOLLOWAY said...

Great pictures . thanks for putting them up.

ROBOT BOYS OF HOLLOWAY said...

great photos . thanks for putting them up