Monday, January 16, 2012

Playin' it Straight



Somewhere along the way from 1955 to 2012 my winter build frame received it's share of bends, tweaks, random holes and modifications.  At some point the clutch side down tube got a good whacking causing a twist in the neck.  But that's all in the past now thanks to Fab Kevin and his big twin frame table.  I was originally going to attempt to straighten it all up with the generous help of my good friend and all-around stand-up guy Dwayne (thanks anyway my friend) who has graciously donated so much of his time and expertise to me in the past. But the more I studied the frame the more I knew it would be a beast of a job without the right big twin motor/trans jigs.  So I called up Kevin and went over and checked out his shop and dropped off the frame.  Yesterday I got the call from Kevin that it was done.  He had performed a couple miracle's with my frame saving me a ton of time and money.  I can't say enough good things about my experience with Kevin.  If you need any frame or fab work give him a call.  Or click the post title for the jump to his website.  Thanks Kevin!

2 comments:

"Mother" said...

Did he use heat ? tell me he didn't !

Fab Kevin said...

I'd love to discuss my frame straightening techniques with you someday. Call anytime.