Saturday, May 12, 2012
"Winter" Build Update #11
Was struggling today (and the last few days) with some timken hub issues. Turns out my OEM rear axle sleeve had been modified by someone in the past so it had nothing to do with the hubs at all. I'd probably still be scratching my head about it if Terry hadn't stopped by and put his eyeball on the situation ...live and learn I'm telling myself as I lick my wounds. Since he was over I also showed him my front end - he found more problems. After debating ways to get past ground zero and graduate to the rolling chassis stage we decided things would go much smoother at Terry's place. Heat would be needed to get the old bearing off my springer - a lot of heat. So off we went. I returned a few hours later with a rolling chassis. A BIG THANKS to Terry for his time, knowledge and patience.