Saturday, June 28, 2008

Westing by RoadQueen and Musket

Leaving in the morning for points West. FMC's mandatory July 4th shutdown wipes my calender clean for about an 8 day period so I've packed up the RoadQueen (above) with provisions and Tiny's trusty old tee pee - I plan to punch out for a solid week of rambling.

My final goal is Taos, New Mexico. It's a bit of a timing long-shot taking the back roads the entire way so I will be using the dreaded interstate system for some of the trip. The weather is looking WAY sketchy for the mid-west the next couple of days but I'm going to roll the dice anyway. I'm hoping to break through to calmer southern skies as fast as possible so I'll slip out of the mitten in the wee hours early Saturday morning before the storms start to brew. Camera will be in hand so I'll post some images from this wander in two weeks or so. Have a great 4th kids!

No comments: