Monday, September 15, 2008

12,000 miles in four weeks PT 3


A very lonely "highway" in Utah. 350 deserted miles...total bliss.



Great old truck at Utah/Nevada border.



Lake Tahoe morning. Had a great night here riding around the lake under a full moon. Shooting stars too. Seriously...

My Cabin on the lake.

Annual wooden boat show just happened to be the weekend I was there. Karma baby!







This boat was AMAZING. Six foot beam and almost 30 feet long. Check the rudder casting, it's a piece of art in itself.

Nevada City California. The first city settled by Easterners tracking West. It felt like Maine - of course it would, that's where the first settlers were from.

San Francisco lodging. Epic Hotel, epic views. Thanks Kate!!


Ummmm......Highway 1 heading North. Lunch feast.

Bodega Bay Sunset.

Ok, I went to a spa for a little rubbie rubbie. Cut me some slack I had just ridden 6 thousand miles.

Bodega Bay self portrait. Nice tan flapjack.

St Orres, Nor Cal. Very neat place. Russian styled architecture was beautiful. Breakfast brought to my cabin every morning was an added bonus.

More St. Orres, Nor Cal. Words cannot describe this place and the food was the most inventive I have ever had. Warm days and warm nights by the main lodges fireplace will never be forgotten.

My cabins front yard. Looks like a painting. Deep dark sharky waters.

Pacific Ocean toe dip.

Nor Cal was one of the most striking places I have ever traveled. The contrast in landscape, weather and culture floored me. 50 degrees ocean side, 105 degrees 2 miles inland! The people are very laid back and easy to get along with. It was a great place to spend a few days and the roads were unbelievable! Thanks for memories California.

Then it was off to Bonneville....

No comments: