Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Zen Metal Master





While visiting the pits at Bonneville I bumped into Shinya Kimura. For those of you who may not know Shinya was the genius behind the Zero organization in his native home of Japan. I spent many hours paging through the bible-like "Zero Chopper Spirit" while building my bike. He now resides in Azusa California running his new company Chabott Engineering.

Shinya was running the '47 Knuck in the foreground (does it make you think of Battle Star Galactica like it does me - all it needs is the tiny red light moving back and forth). He spent time talking to Sleepy and I and seemed excited to meet a couple guys from a corporate styling department. Later, still buzzing from meeting the guy I grabbed a photo I had of my ULH and ran over to show him - he was underwhelmed...

I still love the guy though. A true master of his own path. Check the detail shots of his bikes. That's Sleepy on the cafe/salt racer with Shinya and Gus looking on. Sleepy needs a bike like this one.
Sweet.

No comments: