Wednesday, January 14, 2009

All In The Family





I finally bumped back into my friend Don from Ohio who owns the mean looking little sportster in the pics above. Bikes are in his families blood. Here is a copy of a note he dropped in my inbox. The pics accompanied it. Cool stuff for sure...

Hi Brad, Here are some photos of my brother’s Dennis’ panhead. It originally was owned by older brother Dave who sold it to Dennis when he was drafted to Vietnam. The original form when Dave left for Vietnam was really cool, but I don’t have a photo of it handy: Purple Sportster tank w/ solo seat, Stock frame, stock springer with 19” Akront alum rim with spool hub, Chrome 16” wheel covers on the rear 16” and upswept megaphone mufflers. A mid-60s custom. As you see, it went through many versions of the chopper era, but now is back to a bobber look with a stock glide front end. As a lad, I used to ride along to Finch’s Custom Cycle in Pontiac. Finch extended the springer fork twice – first 8” and later 18”!! Dennis still has the 18” over springer in his attic - and the stretched frame. Talk to you soon. Don

No comments: