Saturday, June 6, 2009

Eric's Dad

A young Eric posses with his Dad's pride and joy.




Eric Wallace ,one the insanely talented guys I work with at FMC tapped me on the shoulder the other day and told me about his Dad who was a drag racer back in the late sixties and early 70's. A couple days later these killer pics appeared in my inbox. Check this out - I asked Eric about his Dad's Vette - a '61 with the trim removed to look like a '62. At some point his dad put in the extra tail lamps turning his drag racer into a sneaky little custom. Then I wanted to know about some of his times at the strip, here is his reply...

"The best he ever got was 12.0? Just never could get to the 11's. He was with the Downriver Corvette club for a long time that’s still around today. He mostly raced at Detroit Dragway and did a lot of street racing as well. Some people that new my dad back in the day always say that people came from all over to street race that "small block vette". My mom actually used to drive him to work in it when he lost his licence from street racing..."
Neato.

No comments: