You would not be able to tell from my ULH but I'm kinda finicky. After looking at the paint on my tanks for all most 2 years I finally got around to "fixing" it. You see the paint scheme on the '39's had a feature line that split the tu-tone colors apart. That split line is supposed to line up perfectly with the rear down tube so in side-view it's one line from the rear axle center to the front of the tank. Whoever painted my tanks missed the visual connection so there was a break in the line at the rear of the tank. (You'll notice in the "before" picture I used some burnt orange striping tape to visually bend the line down and make the connection.)
That break kept me up at night, so last week I decided to re-paint the tanks correctly. The tanks are of shovel head vintage so although well worn over the years the paint was certainly not original. So I felt just fine sanding it all down (much to Tipsy's dismay). I think it looks a helluva lot better and I have no more bags under my eyes to prove it!