Friday, May 7, 2010

Introducing the "Zoneville"


The before shot. Pretty sad.
So here's the new sled so far. Picked it up at a fire sale via Triumph of Detroit. It's a 2003 Bonneville with 5K on the ODO - a baby but seriously neglected and left outside to die. I've had it 2 weeks now and after a day at a swap meet and some heavy hours cleaning it's starting to look half-way presentable. It's a hoot to ride. Corners like an F1 car compared to my ULH and actually stops - every time I use the brakes no matter what! Also, I love my kick start bikes (and I would not give them up for anything else) but there is something to be said for the magic button when it's raining and cold and you need to get home. We will see how long it lasts in the stable....I already had two people ask if I would sell it. For now, it's in for a good thrashing. Thanks to Davin for the tune-up and hours of tech talk about this thing.

4 comments:

PJD said...

Looks like there is a case of fairings going around. Hope i don't catch it.

PJD

Diesel said...

I was first!

motoguru. said...

Yes, you were. I lack originality.

Diesel said...

But you make up for it in shear animal magnatisim.