Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Western Roll PT5






















Traveling south from Marin county on the coast to San Francisco is something everyone should do at least once in their lifetime.  Stopping at the northern overlook on the base of the golden gate bridge you can see the entire city laid out in front of you like a scale model.  We started in from the western beaches working our way east towards the bay bridge.  Covering most of the tourist stops was OK but it was getting off the beaten path and into the different burgs that really gave you a strong taste of the place.  I've been to S.F many times and each time feels like a first time - it seems to transform itself.  Or maybe it's because each time the city transforms me?  Either way or neither way, it's one of the worlds greatest cities and exploring it is a blast and should be done slowly so as to not miss it's smaller details.  While walking around Haight street shopping for some new music I got a text from Max saying he had just finished his born free bike and would love to show it to us. Cool beans.  A few minutes later we had cold beer and were crossing the bay bridge with Oakland square in our sights...

4 comments:

WhitelinePsycho said...

I love the smell of Diesel in the morning . . . . smells like, VistaVision. Mega shots of a gorgeous 'burg', cheers.

Unknown said...

Great Pictures of San Francisco. I have loved it since my first visit in '53, arrived by train left by ship. I Spent a lot of time there in the mid to late 50's. My dad was stationed in Marin Co. he rode a 1953 BSA Golden Flash. The Club he was in pretty active. Dad would give me rides on the BSA up to the top of Mt. Tam Tim

Unknown said...

Diesel, great photo montage of SF, now that i've been out of the US for a bit, I'm starting to miss it, but I just got a fix from you post here. Great stuff.

Regards,

Murph.

Anonymous said...

dude you REALLY have a way with the lens!!... AWESOME photos!